1. Use Your Turn Signal - Using your turn signal gives the other drivers notice that you will be changing your course. This provides them with the opportunity to think about how they will safely allow you to switch lanes, enter traffic, turn, etc...
2. Obey Traffic Signals - Give yourself plenty of opportunity to stop at a red light, by slowing down when the light turns yellow. Running stop lights is a quick way to endanger yourself and others. Better to be safe than sorry.
3. Keep Your Eyes on the Road - We all are curious about what caused the accident ahead, or why the police stopped someone, etc... Our desire to know/see not only slows traffic, it also sometimes causes accidents. Keeping your eyes on the road ahead allows traffic flow to continue and keeps you, and others, safe.
4. Obey the Speed Limit - Speed limits are laws intended to keep you safe. Obey them. If you're unsure, or it is not posted, here are some guidelines:
5. Avoid Distracted Driving - Texting, playing, eating/drinking, talking on the phone, etc... all take your attention away from safely driving. Distracted driving is one of the leading causes of accidents in Kansas. Just don't do it. You will be safer, as will others, when you don't.
We know you will use our five easy tips and be a better Kansas driver. If you, or your loved one, is injured in a car accident call Attorney T. Morton at 913.602-7288 right away. We are here to help you and your consultation is free. Don't forget to buckle up too.
7500 College Blvd., Suite 500
PHONE & FAX