oVERLAND PARK, KANSAS THEFT/LARCENY CRIMES & DEFENSES
Charges of embezzlement are aggressively prosecuted in Johnson County, Kansas. That is because it is a special kind of theft where you must be in a position of trust. Some things that may put you in that position include being:
- law enforcement
- casino employee
- bank teller
- payroll specialist
- insurance agent, etc.
- while in a fiduciary relationship,
- misappropriated funds for yourself or another.
- Ask you for your bank, business and computer records (which you should refuse to provide);
- Ask you for your statements (which you should refuse to do w/o an attorney);
- Watch video footage of you;
- Ask you to participate in a polygraph test (which you should always refuse);
- Interview the alleged victim, your co-workers and/or anyone who would have information related to the crime; and
- Get a warrant in order to review the above-mentioned items and/or for your arrest.
- You did not intend to commit this crime;
- You had permission;
- No fiduciary relationship;
- It was not you;
- Duress, etc.
OVERLAND PARK, KANSAS EMBEZZLEMENT PENALTIES
- $100,000+, level 5, nonperson felony;
- $25,000 - $100,000, level 7, nonperson felony;
- $1,000 - $25,000, level 9, nonperson felony;
- less than $1,000, class A, nonperson misdemeanor (if 3 transaction, within 72 hours, increases to level 9, nonperson felony);
- Two, or more prior convictions of theft (inside or outside of Kansas), of less than $1,000 will increase charges to a level 9, nonperson felony;
- Firearm worth less than $25000, level 9, nonperson felony.
You need an experienced Johnson County, Kansas attorney. We will tell you exactly what to do next to get the best possible outcome in your case. The quicker you get ahead of your case, the better outcome you can expect. Call now for a free consultation 913.602.7288.
CLAIM YOUR FREE CONSULTATION
The earlier you call us and begin planning your case defenses, the more options you will have to protect yourself and your freedom. Sign up for your free consultation and see how we help protect you.
GET THE HELP YOU NEED
YOU NEED AN ATTORNEY
your OVERLAND PARK, KANSAS criminal case - what to expect
WHY CLIENTS HIRE US
- PRICE - Fair and reasonable. CLICK HERE
- QUALITY - We work tirelessly to deliver excellence in handling and resolving of your case, and communication.
- DELIVERY - You deserve ongoing interaction and involvement in your case. We make sure to provide you with legal services you are satisfied with.
- RELIABILITY - You will have a clear idea what to expect from us. We will earn your trust through accurate, clear, honest and caring handling of your case.
- EFFICIENCY - The timely resolution of your case is important to you and to us.
We are a Kansas City, Kansas law office and you are number one. You are experiencing a difficult time. You need answers to your questions. We will work tirelessly to help you. Attorney T. Morton, and her team, will handle your case with care and attention. Take action and call now for your consultation 913.602.7288.
We are serving Overland Park, Johnson County, Douglas County, Wyandotte County, Leawood, Lenexa, Prairie Village, Mission Hills, Olathe, Mission, Shawnee, Merriam, Roeland Park, and Kansas City, Kansas and all of Kansas.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
HOW MUCH DO WE CHARGE? Consultations are free. Thereafter, depending on the nature of your crime(s): Criminal misdemeanor typically start at $3,500 and felony typically start at $5,500. We do accept payment plans and major credit/debit cards. FEES & PAYMENT PLANS
WILL YOU GO TO JAIL OR TRIAL? It is possible but not likely. Most cases are resolved without a trial, and sometimes can be resolved without jail time. We prepare for trial nonetheless. You will be part of all conversations surrounding potential dismissal, deferment, trail prep, etc.
CAN YOU MEET US OUTSIDE OF OUR OFFICE? Absolutely! If you cannot meet at our office, there are a number of alternatives that can work around your location, job, etc. CALL NOW 913.602.7288.
WHEN SHOULD YOU GET AN ATTORNEY? Today! You are going into battle and you shouldn't do it alone or unarmed. There are critical deadlines, conversations, etc. that could make or break your case. Before you decide to accept any offers call us for a consultation. Attorney T. Morton, and team, can help guide you. Call us today @ 913.602.7288.
ATTORNEY T. MORTON - RATINGS, AWARDS & REVIEWS - CALL NOW 913.602.7288
"Tarishawn is an amazing Attorney. I Thank her so much for her help and for how well she explained everything. This attorney has excellent communication and responds immediately. Originally an anonymous company was going to leave me with nothing after being left stranded in states away from home. My accident turned my life upside down and was going to leave me careless. Tarishawn helper get me what I was rightfully owed! I can not say enough about how fast and professional this attorney is." - M.L. Client
"Quick response, and quality advice. She is very professional and knowledgeable!" - J.B. Client
"Thank you so much for helping me with my case and being a great attorney!" - G.S.
"I really appreciate you for your expertise and your expeditious and effective legal claim settlement management." V.S.- Injury Client
Copyright, T.Morton 2017. The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing it does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.